Anytime a couple decides to separate or divorce and children are involved,
the parents will have to create what is called a "parenting plan".
Essentially, a parenting plan is an agreement between both parents that,
in the event that a conflict regarding
child custody or
visitation, presents solutions. By creating parenting plans, mothers and fathers
are often able to avoid future arguments as the terms of
visitation and child custody are clearly outlined.
Parenting plans usually address things such as:
Physical custody and parenting time
- Who has decision making authority
- How children will be transported and exchanged between parents
- Who will have the children during holidays and school breaks
- How disputes will be resolved
- Healthcare for children
- Overnight visitation and general visitation
- How decisions will be made about the children
- How conflicts will be resolved
- Insurance for children
- Taxes and wills
Are you looking for assistance with
modification of a parenting plan in Florida? A
Jacksonville family lawyer from Hutchinson Law can help you.
Contact us now!