Tips for a Successful Divorce
Posted on Mar 5, 2010 9:00am PST
Divorce doesn't always have to be a messy, complicated process. It's
very possible for a
divorce to be done in a civil and respectful manner, even when issues that are
normally hotly contested are involved,
property division or
Despite what some people might tell you, there are ways to have a successful divorce.
The Vancouver Sun recently published an article that provides several tips to keep in mind
both before and during the divorce process to increase your chances of
resolving your divorce successfully:
- Put the love for your children before your dislike of your husband or wife.
- Do not fight in front of your children.
- Make sure your children still have access to both sides of their family.
- Understand that your children will be dealing with their own emotions.
- Make educated decisions instead of emotional ones.
- Seek out professional or expert support on every topic. Although you will
have a legal expert in your attorney, feel free to speak with financial
planners, tax experts, child psychologists, etc.
- Remember money is an important issue for both you and your ex. Make sure
you are in the right mindset to discuss it.
- When it comes to dividing your assets and investments, make sure you understand
the full scope of them, such as their risks, outlook, tax implications,
costs, etc., then make an educated decision.
- Make sure you are on the ball with your financial situation, and that you
have a solid understanding of where you stand financially.
- Surround yourself with people who can help you deal with the non-legal
aspects of your divorce. If you don't like your ex's parenting
skills, find a family law expert who can help you deal with this.
- When you're feeling sad or angry, focus on things that make you feel
happy. Go on a run, read a good book, have lunch with friends, pursue
a hobby, just do something that takes your mind off the divorce and reminds
you that you love life.
Contact Us Today
A Jacksonville divorce attorney at Hutchinson Law would be happy to provide
you with information and resources to help you get through your divorce
successfully. We understand how emotionally taxing a divorce can be and
want to make sure the divorce process is as easy for you as possible.
To schedule an appointment to discuss your divorce,
contact the office today!