Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 904-638-3134
Modification of Parenting Plan

Parenting Plan Modifications in Florida

Seeking a Child Custody Modification in Jacksonville?

Many people are under the misconception that a court-ordered divorce settlement is fixed and unchangeable. In fact, the Florida court is aware that changes are sometimes needed and has laws which allow for these changes or modifications to be made, with specific procedures to be followed so that the modifications are legally binding.

It is common that situations and circumstances change after a divorce settlement, and changes may be requested by either party regarding child custody and visitation or time sharing arrangements, or other issues that are part of the parents’ shared responsibility regarding the raising of their child after the divorce.

Get Help Modifying a Time Sharing Agreement

Issues involving health care, education or possible relocation may create the need to modify the existing parenting plan. In such a case, it is vital that you use the services of a knowledgeable and experienced attorney so that any modification is done legally, so as to protect your rights and those of your child.

You Can Count on Hutchinson Law

A needed relocation by either parent, if that move is more than 50 miles from the original residence, might also make it necessary to get a modification to the parenting plan or time sharing agreement. It is important to consider several factors regarding custody and visitation when seeking changes to existing court orders, such as daycare or schooling for the child, career opportunities for the parent, healthcare issues, and the preferences of the child. The overriding concern will be for what is considered to be in the best interests of the child.

Additionally, Florida’s public policy is laid out to make certain that your minor child maintains “frequent and continued contact” with both parents, and that both play as active a role as possible in the raising of their child. It is crucial for you and your child that you secure the services of a knowledgeable Jacksonville family law attorney if you are seeking modification to your parenting plan or if you disagree with a modification that the other parent is requesting.

Do you need to modify an existing agreement? Call our Jacksonville divorce lawyer today!

Reasonable, Aggressive Representation

Turn to a committed team in your time of difficulty.

Contact Hutchinson Law Today!

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy
6817 Southpoint Parkway
Suite 702
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Map & Directions
Call Us Today! 904-638-3134