Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 904-638-3134

Enforcing a Court Order


If you need assistance enforcing a court order, make sure to get the trustworthy legal guidance our firm provides. Having the strength of a family law expert on your side can give you the peace of mind that is so crucial when facing stressful family law issues.

Failure to Comply

When a party to a family law case, such as one of the following actions fails to comply with the court's directive within a court order, the aggrieved party can seek enforcement of that court order:

Enforcing a court order can take some time to get in place. When a spouse or ex-spouse fails to provide access to your children for visitation in violation of a custody order or agreement, enforcement of the court's order will need to be pursued through contempt proceedings.

Can the court force me to pay?

After filing a petition, the court will work to establish the validity of the allegations made against the other party. If the court finds the allegations are true and they have intentionally disobeyed the court order, they can act in several ways to enforce the order.

The means used by the court to enforce a court order include:

  • Garnishing wages
  • Contempt of court
  • Driver's license suspension
  • Bank levies
  • Property liens

Violating parties may even be arrested for failing to comply with a court order and be sent to jail.

If you are having difficulty remaining in compliance with the court's directives, or have to move the court to compel another party to comply, please call our firm and schedule a consultation, we can discuss your case and advise you about your case.